Compliance with constantly changing tax legislation places an increasingly heavy burden on business owners.
Our teams work in conjunction with our audit and accounting teams, enabling the provision of our compliance services to be as seamless as possible.
This ensures that all tax computations, returns and reporting requirements are dealt with accurately, on time, and that you are kept fully appraised.
Our teams typically provide the following compliance services and can provide these whether or not we act as your auditor or as your trusted adviser:
- Preparation and submission of Corporation Tax returns and associated tax computations;
- Drafting or reviewing tax disclosures in statutory accounts;
- Optimizing available reliefs and/ or claims;
- Advising on payment of tax liabilities, including quarterly instalments;
- Complying with mandatory iXBRL electronic filing requirements;
- Reviewing prior year tax returns for optimization of tax reliefs.
Other tax compliance services
- VAT and PAYE returns and reporting;
- HMRC enquiries and investigations;
Our objective is to provide assurance to the business, its managers and its owners that its tax affairs have been looked after.
Employment tax advisory & compliance
Employment costs often represent a substantial investment in a business. We help you gain the maximum benefit through a range of advisory services. We also help our clients identify and manage many risks associated with employee remuneration:
- Implementing salary sacrifice arrangements;
- Avoiding PAYE & NIC pitfalls on share schemes;
- Designing or updating expenses & benefits policies.
Provide detailed help on key risk areas including:
- Employed vs self-employed.
- Termination payments.
- Agency rules and temporary workers including IR35, managed service and umbrella companies;
- Construction industry scheme (CIS)
We recognize that, for many businesses, complying with all HMRC’s requirements is a strain. Therefore we can assist with:
- Annual returns of forms P11D and PAYE settlement agreements;
- Annual Share scheme reporting to HMRC.
Our team of employment tax specialists prides itself on its advisory services. We provide prompt and comprehensive advice to a large number of clients on a daily basis.
Inspections, assessments & penalties
PAYE & NIC is one of the most policed taxes and if accounting mistakes are made the penalties can be severe.
Following a PAYE & NIC inspection, issues and liabilities can inevitably arise. We can help you review HMRC assessments and can negotiate with them on your behalf to help ensure that liabilities and any enforced penalties are kept to an absolute minimum.
Many of our clients get piece of mind prior to an inspection by undertaking our PAYE & NIC Health check, ensuring that they are compliant in the first instance.
Our services include:
- Pre-and post-inspection PAYE & NIC assessment reviews.
- Negotiating with HMRC.
- Assisting with employment tax appeals and dispute resolution.
- PAYE & NIC health checks.
What will our services provide you?
- Independent assessment of your PAYE & NIC compliance and potential liabilities.
- Mitigation of PAYE & NIC liabilities and penalties.
With the increased risk of such investigations it may be worth considering taking out an annual insurance policy to protect you and your business from unexpected costs; an investigation will undoubtedly result in additional accountancy work being undertaken. The amount of work will depend upon the complexity of the case but the cost could be substantial.